Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Anne El-Habre, Artist

Today I was looking over some of the details on my own Etsy store, when I clicked on the link to see who had marked my store as one of their favorites.

Nestled, among the other icon's there, I found Anne El-Habre's avatar.  The avatar is a beautiful painting of a woman's face.  (To see it, and you must!, go to Anne's Etsy Store http://www.AnneE.etsy.com)  The avatar just happens to be one of her many works of art, and they are all ohhhh so impressive.  il_430xN_16986594_Anne EHave a close up and personal look at this master piece and then say that somehow you were not utterly inspired?

"Dryad" is just plan gorgeous!

Okay so enough of the sexy naked guy hugging a tree comments.  On a serious note, Anne is an amazing artist.  I am so impressed by "Eleanor"

I love mythology and Anne's paintings are like your there witnessing the event.  Each Character seems to jump off the page.

 

il_fullxfull_16116801_anne E

Eleanor's flowing red hair is completely romantic, next to her alabaster skin.

From Anne's profile on Etsy:  "I was born in Maine.  I attended the Savannah College of Art and Design waaay back in 1989 and got a Degree in Graphic Arts.  Although I liked it then, the computer has taken much of the Art out of it, so I returned to drawing and painting shortly after graduating.


I am primarily self taught, gouache being one of my favorite mediums, though my strength is drawing. I also have a passion for printmaking.

il_430xN_16162461_Anne E
My influences are turn of the Century illustration (Pyle, Wyeth, Booth, Leyendecker) and Victorian and Symbolist painters.
Inspiration comes from many sources, namely folklore, mythology, nature, and the human form." 

 

Just Amazing!! go --- go now and visit Anne's shop on Etsy, I bet you'll  look around a bit when you get there.  Here's the link:

http://www.AnneE.etsy.com

Etsy :: AnneE's Profile

No comments: