Tuesday, July 1, 2008

BRENDA THOUR, Artist

While viewing a treasury link that I was sent just yesterday, the incredible art of Brenda Thour stopped me dead in my tracks. As it turns out she and I have the Interior Design Team on Etsy in common, as well as a few other things.

The images of wildlife that she paints are so soulful and surprising. I, myself began my artistic efforts from childhood by drawing animals in natural settings. il_155x125_21250581_brenda ThorEven though Brenda took up painting only as recently as 1999, she has a very well developed eye, and a very cooperative hand. Look here at her Waxwing. Just amazing!

Another interesting parallel between Brenda Thour and I, beside the fact that we have the same first name, is her choice of birds to render in her painted images. I have a mixed media version of the waxwing in my personal portfolio, as well as a watercolor of a loon. Have a look Brenda's painting of a mother loon sitting on her nest. il_fullxfull_28042339_brenda_thourYou can really imagine this view being one you might be seeing in nature, it is such a pure depiction.

From the Artist:

"Hi, my name is Brenda Thour and I love to paint. I have been painting since 1999, when I finally realized my dream and gave painting a go. My first passion is in painting animals, followed by landscapes. I find it very rewarding, fun and thrilling to be able to take a blank canvas and depict Gods' handiwork on it. To create a piece of art that gives someone a feeling of peace is a true blessing."

il_fullxfull_27947273_brenda Thour

Take a moment to see the rest of Brenda's listings on Etsy, each and everyone is a delight. Here is her link:

Etsy :: www.Luvs2Paint.etsy.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am speechless and very honored. Thank you SO much for all the beautiful things you said about my art. You brought tears to my eyes.
Brenda Thour