Sunday, June 29, 2008

DONNA ROSE, Artist

I am always looking at who is on etsy, indiepublic, the talent datatbase and artmajuer ...among other places. I not only love to paint, draw, and create myself -- I love to look at the incredible work of others.

To me, seeing the art of others is a unique view into the world the way they see it, it is rare and difficult to share that view with words. I suppose that is where the phrase, "A picture speaks a thousand words," came from.

I was looking around etsy, when I stumbled upon a few incredible watercolor creations by Donna Rose, -- the Petunias initially caught my eye.



I was so impressed by the choice of color and the truly watery use of the paint to depict each flower from Donna's perspective.











Then I saw the tortoise... I thought his expression was genuine and the color usage was brilliant.













But what can you say about this rose? So perfectly illustrating a rose, in sunset hues, at the peak of bloom. . . . .Just glorious.












From the Artist: "I have been painting for many years.

It is something that helps me keep my sanity.

I have taken some lessons and a few workshops but mostly I'm a self-taught painter. I recently started working with stainglass. Love it. I think it is the beautiful colors that draws me. I have taught painting and have shown my work in both Idaho and Montana. Now along with everyone else on etsy I'm showning it to the world."


Take a moment to stop by Donna's etsy site and look at her work, I am certain you'll enjoy what you find there. http://www.artbydonnarose.etsy.com/

7 comments:

my art my donna rose said...

Thank you so very much for including my art in your blog. I am very honored that you put me in with such talented artists.
Donnarose

Rhonda said...

very nice feature and beautiful work!

Deana Mattos said...

What a great write up on three amazing artists. Enjoyed the read.

missknits said...

Donna's art is amazing! as is her needlefelt work!

Jil said...

Donna Rocks!

Unknown said...

LOVE donna artwork :O)

TSDCC said...

I also am a fan of Donna's art. I hope many others get a chance to see her creations and art. I've received a couple of her pieces from her as a wedding gift and I love both paintings.